It has been brought to our attention that some of you who listen to the Mystic Access podcast using a second generation Victor Reader Stream may not be receiving our latest podcast episodes. We release episodes every two weeks, so if you haven’t gotten any new episodes from us or from other podcasts you enjoy lately, we have a couple solutions for you to try.
Here’s the problem. For those who are running Stream version 4.8.6 or below, there is an issue with the Stream’s firmware that may be preventing you from downloading some podcast episodes or subscribing to some podcasts. The Mystic Access podcast is one of these.
Humanware is aware of this issue, and can provide you with a pre-release version of firmware for your Stream that will resolve the problem. To receive this firmware version, please contact Humanware directly. In the US, their number is: (800) 722-3393. Please use this link to find the Humanware contact info for your country.
If you don’t feel comfortable installing the software fix for whatever reason, you may try another option. Please use the following steps:
- Make sure your Stream is powered on and connected to Wifi.
- Go to the online bookshelves and press one until you reach your Podcasts bookshelf. Do not go into any podcast.
- Find Mystic Access in your podcasts list and press three to reach Unsubscribe. Press okay to confirm.
- Return to your Podcasts bookshelf if you aren’t placed there. Press the go-to key above the one until you hear it say, “Add Podcast Feed.” Then press okay.
- Press two until you reach Humanware Suggested Podcasts. Press okay again.
- If you’re using the English North American podcasts, you’ll find Mystic Access in the list that comes up. As of today, we’re listed at nineteen.
- Find Mystic access in the list and press three to reach Subscribe. Press okay to confirm.
- Now you should be able to see our newest episodes. Please note, however, that we can’t guarantee that this fix will continue to work long term. It should, but we can’t promise this.
If you run into problems, please call or email us and we’ll be happy to help.
Please, if you know people who listen to our podcast and who may not be receiving episodes, we’d be very grateful if you would share this information with them. Also, if you know anyone who has tried to subscribe to our podcast and received a service error, please share this information with them, as well. We have a huge number of Stream listeners, and we miss them!
We appreciate you spreading the word. We love our thriving community of podcast listeners, and want to make sure that everyone receives our fun and informative episodes.
Thanks for reading… and listening.
Kim, Chris and Lisa
The Mystic Access Team